Get rid of common headache naturally. Know how to treat a headache naturally.
Headache can be very irritating and very disturbing for everyone who suffers from it. It’s a very common health condition too. Most of us suffer from headache at some point of time or other though the frequency and intensity do vary person to person. But this is about common headaches which are fairly harmless. It must be noted that there are other types of headaches which are more serious for the health and should be treated with carefully. So, headache can be a result of minor health problems and conditions or it can also be a symptom of serious health problems and disorders. It is advisable to know properly what is headache and the causes of headache. If anyone is suffering from the headache very frequently then he or she shouldn’t take it lightly and should consult doctor immediately. As it can be a serious type of headache or symptom of any other serious health condition or disease. This article is focused on common headache and how to treat it naturally.
There are several factors that can contribute to a headache. One of the major reasons for headache is the bad lifestyle. This point includes things like poor eating habits, drinking very less amount of water, doing work in a stressful situation, too much consumption of alcohol and of course smoking. Other things which are responsible for common headache are bad posture, tension, stress and anxiety, sudden withdrawal from the caffeine, seasonal allergy and eye strain. But whatever it is it can be treated naturally without taking any over the counter medicines. It’s easy to treat headache by having pain killers but it’s better for health to reduce the pain naturally.
Natural Headache Remedies
1. Tension, stress and anxiety can be major contributors to common headache. If you are suffering from this type of headache then it’s a good idea to lie down in a dark room and relax. Stay calm and keep your mind away from negative thoughts. You can also light up lavender candle as the fragrance will help you to soothe your mind.
2. If you are suffering from headache due to overwork and lack of sleep then best way to get rid of headache is to have some sound sleep. Sleep deprivation can also be major factor for common headache. So, sleep tight at night and we’ll feel much better.
3. Headache that occurs from poor posture can only be treated to correct the posture. Poor posture makes muscle of neck and shoulders very tired. So, it is important to maintain a good posture during the work and also, stretching the body time to time is necessary for relaxing the muscle. Thus, you can get rid of bad posture headaches.
4. The dehydration headache is another very common headache. If anyone is suffering from this type of headache then it is advisable to drink lots of water. But one should not drink cold water because it can increase the pain. Drinking water of normal temperature can be a good remedy for dehydration headache.
5. One of the most common causes for headache is eyestrain. Ironically, often people tend to ignore this fact. If you are suffering from frequent headache then it’s a good idea to get your eyes checked out. You may need eyeglasses or if you already have then you may need to change your eyeglasses. So, be careful with your eyes, surely it can be a reason for your headache.
6. If you are suffering from seasonal allergy headaches then the only option is to be prepared for that season. In this case, you need to buy some over the counter medicines to get rid of the headache. Also, you can take professional help if you think the headache is severe.
7. Eating regularly is extremely important as lack of nutrition in the body can lead to headache. So, do not skip the meals and do not give a long gap or break between two meals. Empty stomach can cause headache.
8. Essential oils especially rosemary, lavender and chamomile are excellent for soothing the headache. Rub one drop of oil on the place where it hurts the most; the essence of this oil is very helpful to ease the headache and make you calm.
9. Warm bath can relax the muscle and release the stress. This is a good way to control the headache. A good warm bath can relax the body and mind and it’s a good remedy to get rid of headache.
10. Good blood flow is important to cure the headache. Holding something warm or cold on your hand can regulate good blood flow. Besides this, drinking herbal tea like chamomile tea helps to relieve headaches.
Normally, headache is very common and there is nothing to be worried about. But frequent headaches and intense headaches can be the symptoms of other diseases or conditions. Also, it can be an indication of chronic headaches. Therefore, in these types of scenarios consult your doctor as soon as possible.